The role of the Administrative Assistant is to support specified staff members and ensure they have everything they need to be able to perform their jobs efficiently, effectively and as sustainably as possible. This includes procurement of offices supplies, IT support, office tidiness, agency administrative duties as assigned, marketing, and some project work.
Essential Job Functions / Responsibilities:
- Answering the main agency phone line, redirects to appropriate staff when applicable.
- Ensures that the office is always tidy, clean & coordinates with janitorial staff when standards are not met.
- Welcomes visitors warmly, offering a beverage and confirming / setting appointments when applicable. Notifies the appropriate staff of appointment(s).
- Records minutes during Board & Staff Meetings, distributes to Program Director within 48 hours unless otherwise notified.
- Assists with the coordination of meetings / setup, speaker (if applicable) refreshments, prepare handouts for distribution when applicable etc.
- Assists with the coordination of office space and effective delivery of work orders.
- Inputs accurate SAMIS demographic information for participating Clients / Members within designated deadline.
- Coordinates schedule for Executive Director / CEO of agency.
- Supports the facilitation of activities and facility scheduling for meetings / trainings / events.
- Arrange for the repair and maintenance of office equipment.
- Assists in special events preparation and planning, such as fundraising activities, Bridges Boutique, Back to School Health Fair, Fall Festival, and other assigned agency functions.
- Maintains and replenishes office supplies once per month or as needed.
- Maintain office equipment and log to ensure items are being checked out and returned the same day or within 24 hours as applicable.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned by the Executive Director / Program Director to resolution and or completion.
- Time Management – Has an ability to complete tasks in a timely and resolute manner.
- Team Work – Contributes positively to team / agency morale and spirit.
- Takes initiative – Assumes personal responsibility to resolve problems, proposes ideas, solutions, result’s driven.
- Organized – Plans and manages workload, timekeeping, meetings applicable deadlines, meets commitments and is reliable.
- Effectiveness – Is efficient and productive with consistent effort / Ensures actions and results are timely and consistent.
- Is able to deal with change, manages stress and conflicts well and can accept feedback from supervisors.
-Bachelor’s degree preferred
-May exchange years of education for years of experience
-Minimum 2 years experience in related responsibilities
-Bilingual, as needed for the community
-Random drug testing throughout employment
Salary: $15.00 Per Hour
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt